Health & Human Services
Make a Difference
What if high school was all you needed to get started on your dream job? Many healthcare careers don't require a college degree. You can begin making a difference sooner than you thought!
Which pathway is offered?
Therapeutics—This pathway prepares students for a career helping patients in need. It can lead to a career in sports medicine or as a certified nursing assistant, registered nurse, pharmacy technician, dental assistant, and more.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Dental assistant
- Nursing assistant
- Pharmacy technician
- Medical assistant
- Home health aide
- Physical therapy aide
- Personal trainer
- Rehabilitation aide
- Chiropractor assistant
- Optometric assistant
- Medication care coordinator
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- State-based Certified Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA)
- AMCA Physical Therapy Technician Certification (PTTC)
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- ACSM Certified Group Fitness Trainer
- NHA Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- NCCT Tech in Surgery Certification (TS-C)
- AMT Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
- NHA Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)