Stride Career Prep
Coming This Fall!
Beginning in the 2020–2021 school year, your 9th–12th grader can prepare for college and career with Stride Career Prep at Wyoming Virtual Academy (WYVA).
What is Stride Career Prep?
Stride Career Prep at WYVA is an innovative, tuition-free online program that combines core high school academics with industry-relevant, career-focused electives—giving students a jump-start on their college and career goals. While working toward their high school diplomas, students can choose from a variety of courses in high-demand career fields. Wyoming-licensed teachers provide live online instruction and tailor teaching to student needs. Students have the opportunity to earn college credits, gain work experience and industry exposure, develop real world skills, and prepare for industry-recognized certification exams in their chosen career path upon graduation.*
Career-focused courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following career fields:
- Business: Careers in finance, marketing, and planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Learn more about Business.
- Hospitality: Careers focused on management, marketing, and operations of restaurants and other food services, lodging, attractions, recreation events, and travel related services. Learn more about Hospitality.
- Information Technology (IT): Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical, and professional careers related to the design, development, support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration services. Learn more about Information Technology.
*Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.
Stride Career Prep students can join the SkillsUSA chapter at WYVA. With curriculum that covers 130 job categories and more than 600 national partners—businesses, trade associations, and unions—SkillsUSA gives students the opportunity to:
- Practically apply what they learn in the classroom
- Take courses in addition to those offered by WYVA's course catalog
- Participate in academic competitions and community service activities
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar career and academic interests
- Earn scholarships offered exclusively through SkillsUSA