Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
As a program of Niobrara County School District 1, Wyoming Virtual Academy uses the Stride K12 online curriculum to offer Wyoming students in grades K–12 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, the Wyoming Virtual Academy and Stride K12 provide the tools kids need to succeed--in school and beyond.
The Wyoming Virtual Academy provides a premiere statewide Stride K12 educational program. Here's why families across the state have chosen WYVA:
- Our experienced, Wyoming-licensed teachers, who are available online and by phone.
- The exceptional Stride K12 curriculum, which covers both the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages highly engaging lessons with mastery-based assessments that help to ensure students progress at every level. Find out more about Stride K12 here.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials* ranging from textbooks to microscopes, art supplies to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- Stride Career Prep helps high school students get a jump-start on their future plans for college, career, or both (coming in the 2020–2021 school year).
- Our supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where WYVA parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- Tuition-free online public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student.
*Materials vary by school and course.