Education & Training
Raise Your Hand if You're Ready to Inspire the Next Generation
Close your eyes and think of your favorite teacher. Now, imagine having that same influence in a child's life. If shaping the future leaders of tomorrow is your dream, the education and training pathway can help you to make it a reality.
Which pathway is offered?
Teaching & Training—This pathway prepares students for multiple teaching career possibilities, including specialties like special education, speech-language, and early childhood learning.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Certified nanny
- Pre-school assistant
- Childcare assistant/worker
- Teacher's aide (elementary, secondary, special education)
- Childcare center director
- University professor
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ACT National Career Readiness Certificate
- National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Early Childhood Education and Care–Basic (Job Ready)
- NOCTI Early Childhood Education–Advanced (Job Ready)