Testing and Assessment FAQs
What tests are required as part of the program?
Families enrolling at WYVA must be willing to participate in all required areas of the program.
- Lesson assessments
- Unit assessments
- Semester assessments
- DIBELS - K-2 reading assessment
- Proficiency Assessment of Wyoming Students (PAWS)
- ACT - Juniors only
- Online synchronous conferencing with the teacher
- Phone conferencing with the teacher
- Other assessments as required by resident district
How is student progress assessed?
The Wyoming Virtual Academy K-8 program is a mastery-based program, which means students master concepts and lessons before moving on to the next lesson. Following NCLB and state guidelines, students are expected to make at least a year's growth in a year's time. Teachers will assess mastery and provide feedback to students and families.
High school students work to achieve credits towards graduation, and are expected to progress through specific coursework in the required timeframe.