Which pathways are offered?
- Restaurant Management—This pathway prepares students to perform a variety of tasks to maintain operations and promote guest services in eating and drinking establishments.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Executive Chef
- Restaurant Manager
- Restaurant Owner
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Banquet Manager—$55,320/year
- Head Cook—$51,530/year
- Restaurant Manager—$55,320/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?
- ServeSafe Food Handler
- NOCTI Restaurant, Food & Beverage Services (Pathways Exam)
- NOCTI Restaurant, Food & Beverage Services (Job Ready Exam)
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification