Which pathways are offered?
- Accounting—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Certified Purchasing Professional
- Client Manager
- Controller or Financial Manager
- Financial Analyst
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Financial Analyst—$85,600/year
- Financial Manager—$129,890/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- A*S*K Entrepreneurship/Management
- Microsoft Office Certifications (Excel, Word)**
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification
**Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.